Unofficial outdoor recreation fact: food tastes better when camping. At Camp Richardson, we think this is especially true with campsite cuisine prepared in the great outdoors at Lake Tahoe. Try one of our favorite camping recipes and share which one you like best!
- S’moreos: Enough of this graham cracker business. It’s time to take your s’more game to the next level.
- Camping sandwiches: Hot pressed sandwiches, grilled to perfection over the fire.
- Ember-roasted corn and leeks: No shucking. No fuss. No muss. All delicious.
- Dutch Oven Chilaquiles: Don’t be threatened by the dutch oven – this cast iron device is your best friend for campsite cooking.
- Cajun Hobo pockets: Wrap up some delicious ingredients and just add hot coals!
- Banh Mi hot dogs: A foodie twist on the campsite classic.
- Campfire Bacon: Surprisingly, bacon can be even more delicious.
- Fire roasted salmon with herbs and lemon: Be the camp hero with this savory recipe.
- Camping Sangria: Make this delicious concoction before you head out for the day, and enjoy campsite cocktails when you return from hiking, biking or other activities near Camp Richardson.
- Blueberry Cobbler on the grill: Just because you can’t pack your oven doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a fresh-baked dessert at camp.
The resort’s General Store has you covered for essentials (and emergency picnics and made-to-order deli sandwiches). Or, stop by the Ski Run Farmers Market on Fridays to pick up local veggies and artisan condiments. Speaking of locals, make sure to be aware of the bears that call Lake Tahoe home and manage your food and campsite accordingly. Here are more tips on campsite safety to ensure your best trip ever.
Do you have a favorite camping recipe? Let us know in the comments!