ADA - Americans with Disabilities Act
At Camp Richardson resort, we make every effort to ensure access to our resort and our website
is as simple and straightforward as possible for all people, including those with hearing, vision, or any other disability. If you have trouble learning about or booking our hotel, please don’t hesitate to contact us via phone or email, and someone will gladly assist you.
Website Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience at camprichardson.com for all our guests regardless of device type or the need for assistive technology like a screen readers, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software.
To ensure this, Camp Richardson is committed to compliance with the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing are maintained with careful consideration of these guidelines and are continuously enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our hotel’s website, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the Camp Richardson Resort website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each web page:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox : Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome : Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Click Here for Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Resort Website Accessibility Features
The resort website for Camp Richardson Resort is designed to be accessible to all visitors and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our resort’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the links and form elements of each page and by using the Enter key to activate a highlighted link.
STRUCTURED, SEMANTIC MARKUP
HTML tags are used to convey the structure of each page on the website. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML navigation elements so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: camprichardsonresort.com/sitemap
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes, and all purely decorative images include empty ALT attributes.
The site is designed based on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and best practices.
Accessibility Software & Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser
Summary of Accessibility Features
Property Accessibility Features
- Pathways to beach restrooms
- Accessible Entrances to the Hotel
- Accessible Paths to the Registration Desk, 2 Accessible Guest Rooms, and Restaurant
- Accessible check-in counter and printing station at the Registration Desk
- Grab Bars in Accessible Guest Rooms
- Mobility Accessible Guest Rooms with Roll-In Shower
- Service Animals Allowed (must comply with standard, certified service animal behavior; emotional support animals are not certified service animals and are not allowed on property)
Accessible Guest Room Features
- Rooms with either One King Bed or One Queen-Sized Bed and One Hide-A-Bed
- Either Roll-In Shower or Accessible Tub with Shower Chair
- Grab Bars
- Handheld Shower
- Audiovisual Smoke Detectors
Available in Any Guest Room Upon Request
- Vibe Alert Alarm Clock, door knocker, lamp/phone adaptor, telephone amplifier, portable strobe smoke detector