After a year like 2020, we could all use a vacation! The question “When will travel safely resume after COVID-19?” has been on a lot of people’s minds. Now that we have officially reopened Camp Richardson, we are so excited to welcome you back and help you plan your next adventure with us!
First, get familiar with our new Camp Rules to see what we’re doing to keep everyone safe and healthy here at Camp Richardson! We have specific guidelines in place for different spots within Camp Richardson, with additional safety precautions throughout the resort.
- Wear a mask when in line, when entering our facilities, when in the vicinity of our staff and when it’s challenging to maintain social distancing.
- Sanitize before you enter any of our facilities. Sanitizer stations are placed outside each entrance for your convenience.
- Practice 6 feet of social distancing at all times. To help, we’ve placed X’s at points such as entrances and waiting lines to indicate 6 feet.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds when using the restrooms.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms, please stay home and isolate. We’d love to see you but can do without the cooties. Please refrain from coming to the resort.
- Please be patient and cooperate with our procedures while visiting the resort. The impact of a confirmed case at any location could result in a closure and we cannot risk anyone’s health or safety. In short, life’s better when Camp Richardson is open.
- We are operating at a limited capacity so please be prepared for longer lines and deliveries that may take longer than normal. Please be kind to our staff. We are all navigating this pandemic as best we can. Besides, being nice just feels better.
Remember that South Lake Tahoe spans both Nevada and California, so it’s important to understand all current rules and regulations for both states while you’re here. Check out the Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority for current information for both states while you’re planning your trip.
Please join us as we pledge to be mindful and respectful of the magical landscape of Lake Tahoe. Check out the Lake Tahoe Travel Pledge before your next visit with us.
First Things First, Decide When Your Lake Tahoe Vacation Will Happen!
Spring, summer, winter, and fall, there’s no wrong time to come to Lake Tahoe! We have something for everyone, all year long! We officially reopened last month and would love to see you here as soon as you’re ready!
Spring in Tahoe
The springtime weather in Lake Tahoe is absolutely perfect. Temperatures are generally pretty mild and sunny, but it is Lake Tahoe so we are no stranger to spring snow storms that will keep you on your toes! Get the best of all seasons with a spring trip to Tahoe! Check out your favorite ski resorts to see when their spring ski season is coming to a close, plan for some epic shopping trips and pack for some of the best sightseeing and hiking adventures of your life!
Summer in Tahoe
Waiting until the end of the school year or consistently warmer temps to come and see us? Sounds great! Our summer days are warm, with cooler temperatures at night to keep you refreshed! June – August is typically very busy around here, so plan your trip early enough to make reservations! As you’re planning your itinerary, make sure you have enough time for all the golfing, biking, hiking, fishing, paddleboarding, kayaking, parasailing, boating, and jet skiing we have to offer!
Fall in Tahoe
As the weather starts to cool down in the fall, the fun heats up! Days are still comfortably warm with cooler nights. The first snowfall can happen anytime between September and November, so if you’re planning a fall Lake Tahoe vacation, you may be lucky enough to be here with us on the first snowfall! No matter how you choose to explore the great outdoors the stunning fall scenery will be the perfect backdrop for your vacation!
Winter in Tahoe
Embrace the colder temperatures, snowy scenery and unmatched winter adventures in Lake Tahoe this winter! Hit the slopes, go snowshoeing or cross-country skiing, go for a sleigh ride, check out dog sledding, go ice skating and tubing! You’ll make memories that will last a lifetime during a winter vacation in Lake Tahoe!
Next, Choose The Right Lodging Option
We’ve got such a great array of lodging options at Camp Richardson, we just know you’ll find the right accommodations for your next vacation! Whether you stay in our charming historic hotel or pitch your tent in one of our campgrounds, we have so many lodging options to choose from, we know you’ll feel safe and comfortable on your trip! Remember, quiet time is from 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM for all of our lodging options. Fill out our lodging inquiry form to book your stay!
- Getting the whole family back together after too long apart? Check out the Richardson House! The 7 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom home is the perfect vacation rental for your group. We also have the Marina Duplex which can accommodate up to 12 people by renting both sides!
- Looking for easy access to all of the amenities of our resort for a smaller group? The South Lake Tahoe Hotel could be the perfect spot for you! Built in 1926, it offers plenty of historic Tahoe charm while also providing modern amenities like a year-round courtyard spa to pamper yourself. The Beachside Inn is another hotel-style lodging option here at Camp Richardson that offers epic Lake Tahoe views and quick access to the Marina.
- Did you have something a little more private in mind? Book one of our on-site cabins for your Lake Tahoe getaway! With options that sleep from 2 – 8 people, we have an eclectic mix of options for those who are more focused on their outdoor adventures than lodging amenities!
- Planning a camping trip? Great! Badger’s Den Campground, Eagle’s Nest Campground, and our full-service RV Village have something for everyone, and are just a hop, skip and a jump away from all the activities at the resort!
Then, Start Planning the Fun!
Once you get here, there’s no shortage of ways to stay busy and take advantage of all the amazing natural beauty here in Lake Tahoe! Go ahead and book a few extra days, we promise you won’t regret it!
- Joining us in the warmer months? The Camp Rich Marina is re-opening May 15 and has everything you need for an unforgettable beach vacation! We’ll have more information about what that will look like in the coming weeks, but pre-COVID, we rented out everything from boats and SeaDoos to kayaks and stand up paddleboards and even beach chairs!
- Ready for a day exploring on land? Mountain Sports will also be re-opening Memorial Day weekend and has fun for all. From full-suspension mountain bikes and tandem bikes to snowshoes, cross-country skis, and sleds, we typically offer equipment rentals for all of your adventures. We’ll have more details on what rentals and gear will be available soon.
- It’s hard to think of Camp Richardson and not picture yourself on a Rum Runner cruise to Emerald Bay and back! Booking is set to open at the end of May, so stay tuned and make sure to set aside an hour and a half for either a daytime or sunset cruise complete with Rum Runners, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, and snacks available for purchase if we’re up and running when you visit!
- The Vikingsholm Castle Tour & Cruise is an awesome summer adventure, so stay tuned for more information on when these will be opening back up! The three-hour tour includes plenty of high-speed longboat action and a tour of Vikingsholm Castle!
Don’t Forget to Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
After so many meals at home, it’s time to treat yourself to some amazing treats at Camp Richardson on your next vacation! Here’s a really short list of must-try meals, drinks, and snacks for your next trip to see us!
- The Beacon Rum Runner Cocktail is a local favorite that’s been voted Tahoe’s Best year after year. The Beacon Restaurant is now open, with in-restaurant dining limited to parties of 6 or less per table. You may place a to-go order outside on the deck, and we will have a special area set aside for those waiting for their meals. We won’t be accepting phone-in orders or dinner reservations at this time.
- Grab some local beer or wine and a grab-n-go meal from the General Store & Deli! All food will be packaged and presented to you. If available, please feel free to sit at any of the cafe tables and outdoor picnic tables we’ve set aside for your convenience.
- Starting in mid-May, you’ll be able to stop by the Coffee and Confectionery Shop for a great cup of coffee and some delightful pastries.
- The Lake Tahoe Ice Cream Parlor will also be re-opening mid-May, and we recommend making it a daily stop while you’re here!
We can’t wait to welcome you back to Camp Richardson, and appreciate your cooperation and support! The impact of a confirmed case at any location could result in a closure and we cannot risk anyone’s health or safety. Be prepared for longer lines and wait times here, as our staff is doing their best as we navigate a safe and responsible re-opening! If you have any questions about planning your trip, please contact Camp Richardson!