Lake Tahoe Tent Camping
Welcome to Camp Richardson, a beautiful Lake Tahoe resort located in the heart of nature’s wonderland. If you’re looking to immerse yourself in the great outdoors, then we have the perfect option for you – tent camping!
Our tent camping experience at Camp Richardson is one that you won’t forget. The campground is situated in a beautiful forested area near the shores of Lake Tahoe, providing you with breathtaking views of the lake and surrounding mountains.
Whether you’re looking to explore the outdoors, relax in nature or just enjoy some time away from the hustle and bustle of city life, Camp Richardson’s tent camping is the perfect option.
Each campground includes a picnic table, a bear-proof box, and a fire pit. The showers at Camp Richardson are coin-operated.
Find more information about tent camping at Camp Richardson and our Lake Tahoe amenities in the drop-downs below!
Don’t want to pitch a tent? Check out RV camping at Camp Richardson!
At our full-service marina, visitors can get their fill of fun on the water with rentals like jet skis and paddle boards. When it’s time to refuel or restock supplies for your boat, we’ve got you covered at our fuel dock, complete with pump-out facilities. Plus, explore an array of lake life essentials from beach toys to apparel – not to mention a delightful selection of beer and wine plus snacks!
Make the most out of your family trip and rent full-suspension mountain bikes or tandem bikes from Mountain Sports to explore Lake Tahoe’s bike trails. You’ll also find clothing, accessories, hiking trail maps, and more here!
If you packed light on food for your camping trip, don’t worry; you won’t go hungry when you stay at Camp Richardson! Enjoy an array of food offerings from our on-site restaurants and stores.
Lake Tahoe Boat Cruises & Water Taxi
Experience the breathtaking beauty of Lake Tahoe from a unique perspective! Our boat cruises and water taxi offer plenty of room for you to explore its stunning shoreline. Look no further than these special excursions – perfect for any group size.
We have two campgrounds at Camp Richardson – Eagles Nest & Badgers Den. Both are just a short walk from the lake and our amenities.
Each campground includes a picnic table, a bear-proof box, and a fire pit.
The showers at Camp Richardson are coin-operated. You can purchase the coins at the front desk or Kiosk. 1 coin for $1 = 4 minutes of water.
Check out our interactive campground map for specifics on each campsite.
All tent campsites at Camp Richardson are nonelectric. Our RV park does offer electric hook-ups.
For the safety and comfort of all of our guests, Camp Richardson has a strict no-pets policy. Certified service animals are always welcome.
We regularly enjoy visits from bears and many other species of wildlife who are quite safe to be around. Follow a few simple rules, and the wildlife in our area will not pose a threat to campers.
The Common Sense Rules
- Don’t feed the animals. Ever. This is the #1 most effective thing you can do to keep yourself and our animal friends safe.
- Never leave food out on picnic tables or in tents.
- Keep all food, coolers and food containers inside your RV or vehicle.
- Dispose of all garbage the provided animal-proof dumpsters.
- Check out the handy and helpful bear safety video below
Rules & Regs
- Check in for all Camping will take place at the Eagles Nest Kiosk. Please pull into the roundabout to check in, do not drive directly to your site.
- Check in time begins at 2pm.
- A cancellation fee of $15 will be charged for all cancelled reservations. If the cancellation occurs within 2 days of the check-in date, the deposit of the first night stay will be retained.
- Failure to arrive on the first night of your stay without notice will cause forfeiture of the entire deposit and cancellation of the remaining reserved nights. No refunds will be granted for late arrivals, early departures, no shows or bad weather.
- No check-in or camp set-up is allowed after 9:00 pm.
- Quiet Time is between 10pm and 8am.
- No Pets are allowed.
- Each site includes a picnic table, fire pit (with a grate for cooking) and a Bear proof locker.
- Campfires: Leaving a campsite for any reason or length of time will constitute an “Unattended Campfire” resulting in a $150 fine.
- Fire restrictions may be imposed at any time due to hot, dry weather conditions, at which time campfires and charcoal fires may not be allowed.
- All tires of vehicles and trailers must be parked on asphalt at all times.
- Coin operated Showers and Restrooms are located throughout the camping areas.
- Please do not feed any of our wildlife – help us keep them wild!
- Never feed the wildlife! See more info in the Bear Safety tab below.
- Click here to watch our Camping Safety video and Camping Info video. Also, check out some helpful fire safety info in the video below.
Site Specs & Pricing
Single Tent Sites
6 people, 2 tents, 1 vehicle
Double Tent Sites
12 people, 4 tents, 2 vehicles
Triple Tent Sites
18 people, 6 tents, 3 vehicles
Add $10 per night for guaranteed site number.
Tent Camping maximum stay is 14 days per calendar year
I am giving Camp Richardson 5 stars for camping because of the location and beauty. We had such a great time camping with our family of 6. Camp Richardson is beautiful and I love the lake and beach access, great location close to town with all the amenities you could think of within walking distance.
1st time at Camp Richardson – stayed in Beaver Den. Nice area, fantastic showers and bathrooms (hot water and private.) Great shade and level sites for tents. Close to shopping and local trails for hiking.
We camped there for two nights. Beautiful scenery, great campfire talks, clean and well-maintained facilities, and the staff was very accommodating when we asked to move to a different camping lot. It was a wonderful experience!