Lake Tahoe Camping
South Lake Tahoe camping at Camp Richardson is the perfect way to experience all that the area has to offer. Nestled among the tall pines, our campgrounds Eagle’s Nest and Badger’s Den are just a short walk from the lake and all of the amenities that Camp Richardson has to offer. Our lakeside restaurant, The Beacon Bar & Grill, is the perfect place to relax after a long day of exploring. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, jump on our Rum Runner Cruise and explore Emerald Bay. Bikes ride free at Camp Richardson, so be sure to take advantage of all the beautiful trails that South Lake Tahoe has to offer. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway or an adventure-filled vacation, Camp Richardson is the perfect place for you.
Each campground includes a picnic table, bear-proof box, and fire pit. The restrooms at Camp Richardson are token-operated. Be sure to check out all of Camp Richardson’s amenities including our full-service marina and Lake Tahoe Ice Cream Parlor!
Is tent camping not for you? Check out RV camping at Camp Richardson!
Tent Camping FAQs
Camping Rules & Regs
- Check in for all Camping will take place at the Eagles Nest Kiosk. Please pull into the roundabout to check in, do not drive directly to your site.
- Check in time begins at 2pm.
- A cancellation fee of $15 will be charged for all cancelled reservations. If the cancellation occurs within 2 days of the check-in date, the deposit of the first night stay will be retained.
- Failure to arrive on the first night of your stay without notice will cause forfeiture of the entire deposit and cancellation of the remaining reserved nights. No refunds will be granted for late arrivals, early departures, no shows or bad weather.
- No check-in or camp set-up is allowed after 9:00 pm.
- Quiet Time is between 10pm and 8am.
- No Pets are allowed.
- Each site includes a picnic table, fire pit (with a grate for cooking) and a Bear proof locker.
- Campfires: Leaving a campsite for any reason or length of time will constitute an “Unattended Campfire” resulting in a $150 fine.
- Fire restrictions may be imposed at any time due to hot, dry weather conditions, at which time campfires and charcoal fires may not be allowed.
- All tires of vehicles and trailers must be parked on asphalt at all times.
- Coin operated Showers and Restrooms are located throughout the camping areas.
- Please do not feed any of our wildlife – help us keep them wild!
- Never feed the wildlife! See more info in the Bear Safety tab below.
- Click here to watch our Camping Safety video and Camping Info video. Also, check out some helpful fire safety info in the video below.
We regularly enjoy visits from bears and many other species of wildlife who are quite safe to be around. Follow a few simple rules, and the wildlife in our area will not pose a threat to campers.
The Common Sense Rules
- Don’t feed the animals. Ever. This is the #1 most effective thing you can do to keep yourself and our animal friends safe.
- Never leave food out on picnic tables or in tents.
- Keep all food, coolers and food containers inside your RV or vehicle.
- Dispose of all garbage the provided animal-proof dumpsters.
- Check out the handy and helpful bear safety video below
Site Specs & Pricing
Single Tent Sites
6 people, 2 tents, 1 vehicle
Double Tent Sites
12 people, 4 tents, 2 vehicles
Triple Tent Sites
18 people, 6 tents, 3 vehicles
Tent Camping maximum stay is 14 days per calendar year
Reserve Your Spot!
I am giving Camp Richardson 5 stars for camping because of the location and beauty. We had such a great time camping with our family of 6. Camp Richardson is beautiful and I love the lake and beach access, great location close to town with all the amenities you could think of within walking distance.