Lake Tahoe Camping
Stay at one of our two full-service Lake Tahoe campgrounds—Eagle’s Nest and Badger’s Den—and you’re just a short walk from the lake and our lakeside restaurant, The Beacon Bar & Grill, General Store, Mountain Sports Center, Ice Cream Parlor, Coffee & Confectionery and full-service marina with all kinds of water rentals and Emerald Bay cruises. Plus, jump on our Water Taxi for some traffic-free shore exploring. Bikes ride free! Each campground includes a picnic table, bear-proof box, and fire pit. Restrooms are token-operated.
Reserve Your Spot! Call 1.800.544.1801
Tent Camping FAQs
Camping Rules & Regs
- See what our Operations Manager, Vanessa, has to say about getting the most out of your Camp Richardson camping vacation.
- Quiet time is at 10 pm every night.
- Never feed the wildlife! See more info in the Bear Safety tab below.
- Click here to watch our Camping Safety video and Camping Info video. Also, check out some helpful fire safety info in the video below.
We regularly enjoy visits from bears and many other species of wildlife who are quite safe to be around. Follow a few simple rules, and the wildlife in our area will not pose a threat to campers.
The Common Sense Rules
- Don’t feed the animals. Ever. This is the #1 most effective thing you can do to keep yourself and our animal friends safe.
- Never leave food out on picnic tables or in tents.
- Keep all food, coolers and food containers inside your RV or vehicle.
- Dispose of all garbage the provided animal-proof dumpsters.
- Check out the handy and helpful bear safety video below
Site Specs & Pricing
6 people, 2 tents, 1 vehicle
Double Tent Sites
12 people, 4 tents, 2 vehicles
Triple Tent Sites
18 people, 6 tents, 3 vehicles
Tent Camping maximum stay is 14 days per calendar year
I am giving Camp Richardson 5 stars for camping because of the location and beauty. We had such a great time camping with our family of 6. Camp Richardson is beautiful and I love the lake and beach access, great location close to town with all the amenities you could think of within walking distance.
Secure Your 2022 Reservations
On November 1, reservations open for RVs and camping sites.
Please check our Facebook page for up-to-date details.
U.S. Forest Service enhanced fire restrictions are now in effect for the entire Lake Tahoe Basin. Campfire and charcoal are banned. This includes all fire rings within developed campgrounds. Propane grills and Propane fire rings are allowed during this ban.